Please Note Important Update: As of Thursday July 2nd, 2020. Atlantic Stockyards Ltd weekly sale will begin at 11:00am.
Atlantic Stockyards will be operating our feeder sale on Tuesday October 20th and our weekly sale on Thursday October 22nd, 2020.
Notice Regarding COVID-19 Daily Operations for Weekly and Feeder Sales at Atlantic Stockyards Limited.
Atlantic Stockyards Ltd. has set out some mandatory policies in compliance with the Nova Scotia provincial mandated regulations and Federal guidelines. The health and safety of our employees and customers remains our priority.
- We are restricting entry onto our property to buyers and sellers only.
- If you are consigning livestock and have no intention to purchase, we ask you check your livestock in and then leave the premise.
- When dropping of livestock, please be respectful to our staff and practice physical distancing. (6 feet, 2 metres apart)
- There will be a limit of one buyer per operation. Please do not bring any extra people, delegate one person.
- All cheques will be mailed out. There will be no picking up cheques on the day of the sale.
- The office will be closed at our weekly sales until further notice. Invoices will be generated and either sent in the mail or faxed to our buyers.
- Buyers seated in the sale ring please be sure to practice physical distancing. This means please sit 6 feet or 2 metres apart from one another.
- All livestock will be sold through the main sale ring.
- There will be no canteen on site until further notice.
- Practice multiple hand washings. Do not shake hands, touch staff, buyers or others.
- If you have traveled outside of the Atlantic Bubble within the last 14 days please do not enter our facility.
- If you feel unwell or sick please do not enter our facility.
Atlantic Stockyards is and always has been committed to providing excellent service to our customers and marketing your livestock. These are temporary measures implemented for the health and safety of our community. We must take extraordinary measures to reduce the transmission of this virus. By working together, we can make a difference in the outbreak and protect each other. Please take care of yourselves! We appreciate your support through these challenging times.
A friendly reminder as we continue to follow Nova Scotia’s provincial mandates to prevent the spread of COVID-19, masks are now mandatory in indoor public places in Nova Scotia. We encourage all attending our livestock sales to wear a mask.
Atlantic Stockyards 4th Fall Feeder Sale 2020. Tuesday October 20th, 2020. Sale will begin at 10:00am on Tuesday October 20th, 2020. Cattle will be accepted at Atlantic Stockyards on Monday October 19th, 2020. Please find Atlantic Stockyards vaccine form along with vaccine protocol and requirements for selling vaccinated cattle on the forms page on our website. Please send vaccine forms and veterinarian receipt with proof of vaccine purchase to email@example.com or fax 902-893-4483. If you have any questions call Scott at 506-364-9464.
Mark your calendars the Atlantic Elite Charolais Sale will be held at Atlantic Stockyards Ltd on Saturday November 14th, 2020. Sale will feature some of Atlantic Canada’s top purebred Charolais cattle. Sale will begin at 2:30pm. Sale catalogue will be available soon.
Atlantic Stockyards Ltd. will be reopening the cages and small pens for rabbits, poultry on Thursday July 23rd, 2020. At this time the cages will be cash only. Commission groups will be as follows:
$1.00-$10.00 per cage the commission collected will be $2.00 per cage.
$11.00-$30.00 per cage the commission collected will be $5.00 per cage.
$31.00 & up per cage the commission collected will be $10.00 per cage.
There will be a food truck on site at Atlantic Stockyards weekly Thursday sales. There is a great menu available with eats on the grill and sweet treats.