Please Note Important Update: As of Thursday July 2nd, 2020. Atlantic Stockyards Ltd weekly sale will begin at 11:00am.
Atlantic Stockyards will be operating our weekly sale on Thursday September 17th, 2020
Notice Regarding COVID-19 Daily Operations for Weekly and Feeder Sales at Atlantic Stockyards Limited.
Atlantic Stockyards Ltd. has set out some mandatory policies in compliance with the Nova Scotia provincial mandated regulations and Federal guidelines. The health and safety of our employees and customers remains our priority.
- We are restricting entry onto our property to buyers and sellers only.
- If you are consigning livestock and have no intention to purchase, we ask you check your livestock in and then leave the premise.
- When dropping of livestock, please be respectful to our staff and practice physical distancing. (6 feet, 2 metres apart)
- There will be a limit of one buyer per operation. Please do not bring any extra people, delegate one person.
- All cheques will be mailed out. There will be no picking up cheques on the day of the sale.
- The office will be closed at our weekly sales until further notice. Invoices will be generated and either sent in the mail or faxed to our buyers.
- Buyers seated in the sale ring please be sure to practice physical distancing. This means please sit 6 feet or 2 metres apart from one another.
- All livestock will be sold through the main sale ring.
- There will be no canteen on site until further notice.
- Practice multiple hand washings. Do not shake hands, touch staff, buyers or others.
- If you have traveled outside of the Atlantic Bubble within the last 14 days please do not enter our facility.
- If you feel unwell or sick please do not enter our facility.
Atlantic Stockyards is and always has been committed to providing excellent service to our customers and marketing your livestock. These are temporary measures implemented for the health and safety of our community. We must take extraordinary measures to reduce the transmission of this virus. By working together, we can make a difference in the outbreak and protect each other. Please take care of yourselves! We appreciate your support through these challenging times.
A friendly reminder as we continue to follow Nova Scotia’s provincial mandates to prevent the spread of COVID-19, masks are now mandatory in indoor public places in Nova Scotia. We encourage all attending our livestock sales to wear a mask.
Notice Regarding Atlantic Stockyards Equipment Sale Saturday September 19, 2020. Sale to begin at 10:00am.
1. Masks are mandatory where physical distancing is not able to be maintained. Please be sure to have your mask with you when you attend the auction. Please be sure to maintain physical distancing when possible.
2. Masks are mandatory upon entering the building to obtain a bidding number and for payment purposes.
3. There will be clearly marked Enter and Exit doors.
4. If you have traveled outside of the Atlantic Bubble within the last 14 days, please do not enter our facility.
5. If you are feeling unwell or sick please do not enter our facility.
6. Payment of all items must be completed on Saturday September 19, 2020 before any items will be able to leave the premises. Cash, Cheque or E-transfer are accepted.
7. Please be respectful and wear your mask to protect yourself and others.
Atlantic Stockyards Equipment Auction Saturday September 19th, 2020. Sale begins at 10:00am. Here are a few of the items that will be on consignment.
Items on consignment Saturday September 19th, 2020 Equipment Auction.
>New Tombstone and Haysaver bale feeders.
>New farm gates, various lengths.
>New round pen with gate.
More Picture of items on consignment Saturday September 19th, 2020 Atlantic Stockyards Equipment Sale.
Check Out this trailer that will be on offer on Saturday September 19, 2020 at Atlantic Stockyards Equipment Sale.
Atlantic Stockyards Fall Feeder Sale of 2020. Tuesday September 22nd, 2020. Sale will begin at 10:00am on Tuesday September 22nd, 2020. Cattle will be accepted at Atlantic Stockyards on Monday September 21st, 2020. Please find Atlantic Stockyards vaccine form along with vaccine protocol and requirements for selling vaccinated cattle on the forms page on our website. Please send vaccine forms and veterinarian receipt with proof of vaccine purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 902-893-4483. If you have any questions call Scott at 506-364-9464.
Orchard Hill Female Production Sale happening at Atlantic Stockyards Thursday October 1st, 2020. Orchard Hill Sale will begin at 12:00pm. Sale will take place along with the regular sale. Viewing of Orchard Hill Cattle at Atlantic Stockyards, Wednesday evening September 30th and Thursday morning October 1st.
Atlantic Stockyards Ltd. will be reopening the cages and small pens for rabbits, poultry on Thursday July 23rd, 2020. At this time the cages will be cash only. Commission groups will be as follows:
$1.00-$10.00 per cage the commission collected will be $2.00 per cage.
$11.00-$30.00 per cage the commission collected will be $5.00 per cage.
$31.00 & up per cage the commission collected will be $10.00 per cage.
There will be a food truck on site at Atlantic Stockyards weekly Thursday sales. There is a great menu available with eats on the grill and sweet treats.